Journal 4/27

  1. If you had to assign your current mood a color, what would it be and why?

My current mood color would be FFAF6E, which if you look that up on google, is a calm-ish orange shade, which is similar to an orange sorbet/creamsicle, or a nice sunset. I chose this color because I'm in a good mood and the weather is getter warmer and orange is a great color. It's not intense like traffic cone orange and it's not frighteningly reddish like blood orange. 

Drop a comment below if you are also enjoying this color!!

  1. How has your relationship with celebrities changed?

I love how certain celebrities are giving back by being interactive with the public and stuff. Jim Halpert from the office show has a youtube channel where he gets famous people on a zoom call or something I haven't seen it. Frank Ocean finally dropping more music (Dear April and Cayendo). Another example: Florence Pugh has been posting videos of her cooking, dancing, and having fun on her Instagram story, which I love, and always gets me in a good mood. And some celebrities are raising/donating money, which is also great.

But other celebrities have had mini PR crises because of some things they said that rubbed people the wrong way. Off the top of my head, I think Ellen posted a video of her complaining about being bored while sitting in her huge mansion. Also, the video of all the celebrities singing Imagine was torn up by the public. It was seen as "out of touch" and "stupid" for many people, including me. 

But I think many people forget how hard it is being a celebrity. With millions of people watching you every waking minute of your day, I can't imagine the pressure and how it affects you. And I know, being rich and famous is obviously nothing to complain about, but still, you know what I mean? I'm sure they meant nothing bad, and I still have good opinions on people who were in the video like Natalie Portman and Amy Adams. 

Comments

  1. I like how your color choice was interactive and I had to Google it! It is a quite soothing color. I too agree with your celebrity statement. Especially when people attack celebrities for "only donating 20 million when their net worth is over 300 million". It's hard for celebrities because they can't give enough money to satisfy the public (even though they're giving millions!). Celebrities can't quarantine at their mansions because people judge how easy it is for them. It's a tough spot for people in the spotlight, so hopefully people will dial back on the criticism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you mentioned a variety of different celebrities to illustrate the variety of things that they are doing during this difficult time. I agree that people should dial back on the criticism of celebrities, as many of those celebrities are donating large numbers of money to help fight COVID-19, among other things to help.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Education

Are Movies Ruined?